modern day shakespeare adaptions that should exist
- southern gothic macbeth. the bloody, brutal themes of the play in the suffocating atmosphere of the genre. the imagery of lady macbeth’s hands dripping with blood! the witches! macbeth’s madness when he believes the swamp has actually come to life to kill him! it’s like it was made for this play
- political othello. make him secretary of defense or state. imagine a house of cards like environment. addresses issues of current racism and misogyny in politics, and Iago’s jealous/obsessive love for Othello with very clear homo-erotic undertones. like extremely explicit and how that translates in such a masculine setting to understand Iago’s intent.
- police hamlet. hamlet senior as the deputy in nyc. his mysterious death draws his son home from stanford/harvard/what-have-you. a modern day noir-like detective mystery. emphasis on ophelia’s depression and subsequent decent into madness by popping too many pills. the way the “respectful” upper-class tear themselves apart splashed all across the media.
- the tempest as lost.
- titus andronicus as a proper horror movie, set in the current war in the middle east.
- college midsummer nights dream. the fairyland is a popular night club. lots of dubstep music and drugs slipped in dark corners of the dance floor.
(Source: colfield, via gretchensinister)
This is the most accurate post I’ve seen on tumblr
You are standing wrong. I say this as a massage therapist who works with people’s bodies all day: women are taught to stand wrong. Since the 50’s, pictures of women have been posed with their feet tilted to the side, knees locked to minimize the natural knobby shape of the knee, and sway-backed to stick their asses out for “perkiness” or whatever.
That is bad for your everything, and causes weakness in the core muscles which tighten and flatten the stomach.
The cure: feet pointing directly forward, put your hand on your tailbone. Tilt your pelvis until the tailbone is straight up and down. This will cause your knees to bend very slightly. It makes a huge difference for back and knee pain, and will make your tummy flatter with no sit-ups or working out at all.
I had a feeling my strangely giant stomach and spinal weirdness had to due with posture
*And At Last I’ve Seen The Light plays in the distance*
(Source: goliosi, via crypticauthour)
"For me, motivation is this horrible, scary game where I try to make myself do something while I actively avoid doing it. If I win, I have to do something I don’t want to do. If I lose, I’m one step closer to ruining my entire life."